Scroll down to see important information and deadlines regarding Santa Barbara City College Scholarships
Santa Barbara City College offers a great variety of scholarships to its current, transferring and newly incoming students.
Scholarships are awarded based upon a combination of financial need, academic achievement and community/campus involvement.
Scholarships are only one form of financial aid available to students. To be considered for other types of financial aid, students should either complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) or the California Dream Act. Instate students may qualify for a waiver of their enrollment fees and should complete the California College Promise Grant.
Scholarship Opportunities at SBCC
You must formally accept your scholarship offer and complete the required "Next Steps"
in the scholarship portal for the 2023-2024 academic year in order to receive your
disbursement. Failure to do so by Sept. 21, 2023 will result in a cancellation of your award(s)
and the funds will be re-awarded to an alternate student. The scholarship will be disbursed at the beginning of each semester as long as the
student meets the disbursement criteria, with half disbursing in Fall and half in
The Scholarship Opportunities Booklet list all scholarships with descriptions and criteria, along with application information.
Awarded an SBCC Scholarship and transferring to a 4 year college or university or an advanced vocational school? Get your scholarship transferred!
If awarded a scholarship, it will be posted to your Financial Aid Award Letter in Pipeline after the student meets the requirements for their scholarship. The scholarship will be disbursed at the beginning of each semester as long as the student meets the disbursement criteria, with half disbursing in Fall and half in Spring.
Additional questions, comments, or concerns? You can also contact the Scholarship Coordinator by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadlines for Scholarship Applications
|Annual Application Period
|January 8, 2024 to March 1, 2024 at 11:59pm PST
|Notifications via Pipeline email
|By end of April 2024
|Summer 2024 Programs Application Period
|January 8, 2024 to March 29, 2024
|Fall 2024 Programs Application Period
|January 8, 2024 to May 3, 2024
|Spring 2025 Programs Application Period
|January 8, 2024 to October 15, 2024
Study Abroad Scholarship Information
*To be eligible for the SBCC Study Abroad Scholarships students do not have to be accepted into the program, but program applications need to be on file with the Study Abroad Office to be considered for the scholarship awards.
Workshops and Helpful Tips
You will need to upload your most current unofficial academic transcript.
- Current SBCC students, follow Step 3A in the PDF instructions above (Estudiantes actuales de SBCC, sigan el Tercero Paso A en las instrucciones anteriores)
- If you are a high school student, or coming from a different college to SBCC, follow Step 3B in the PDF instructions above (Si es estudiante de escuela secundaria, o viene de una universidad diferente de SBCC,
siga el Tercero Paso B en las instrucciones anteriores.)
The personal reflections section is your opportunity to tell the scholarship committee about yourself as a student and as an individual.
- Complete the Annual Application to be considered for SBCC scholarships
- If other applications appear, you may complete them as well if they apply to you
- Study Abroad applications are only for Study Abroad programs and do not require the Annual Application
- Application Based Awards
- Based on the information on your Annual Application, you are automatically matched to the criteria for the various scholarships
- You are automatically added to the applicant pool as a potential candidate
- Nomination Based Awards
- These scholarships are by nomination from faculty/staff only
- You will need to contact the department staff/faculty/chair for more information on
how you may be nominated